Thursday, November 14, 2013

Little Big Moments #6


Pages 12 & 13 are ready!
To download pages 12 & 13 for your smash book click below:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Little-Big-Moments-Pages-12-13-Printable-977438
Title: Art Gallery
Theme/Prompt: Frame your child's artwork.
Additional Supplies: Crayons, Markers, Paint
To Create: 
step 1. Download printables
step 2. Cut embellishments out
step 3. Design/decorate pages
step 4. Add journaling & photos (optional)
step 5. Tape/glue
*Notes:
  • I designed 2 frames for you to choose from: one with a light, one without. I used the frame with the lights.
  • My daughter loves to color with crayons, but you can have your child use paint, markers, stamps, etc.
  • Ideas for older kids: Self-portrait, Family portrait, Color a coloring book page.  
  • I had my daughter draw on a blank piece of paper. Then I used an xacto knife to cut out the white portion of the frame. I just trimmed her drawing to fit in the frame. I feel that makes the frame a little bit more realistic and adds dimension to the page. You can eliminate this additional step by having your child create their artwork directly in the white space that your frame is printed on. 
  • It was hard taking pictures of my daughter coloring because she always wants to play with my camera and iphone. Any tips?
My pages look like this...

Hope you all are having fun creating these pages for you Little Big Moments smash book!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment