Sunday, August 11, 2013

Organizing Home Videos

I never had to think of how to organize my home videos until my baby girl was born. My parents have a lot of videos of my sister and I when we were young but of course they are all on VHS. I really wanted to keep my baby's home videos organized so none of her precious moments would get lost.

Here is the 3-ring binder I picked up at Target . I got a binder with a zipper in hopes that it would prevent DVDs from accidentally falling out. Thank goodness DVDs take up a lot less space than VHSs!

I keep the cables and manual for my video camera in the handy front pocket. On the right side you can see my Table of Contents page which I made just for a quick reference.

I purchased these wonderful CD page holders on Amazon.com. Living on the Big Island, I find it better to buy things online due to greater selection and cheaper prices (even with shipping!) The pages have CD pockets on the front and back so each page can hold 8 CDs.

Here is a close up of the discs. I created the labels on Paint Shop then had them printed at the printers so they would be water/smudge proof.

The easiest way to organize my video clips were by date. I then added a title to most of the clips to describe what the video is of. The descriptive titles are listed on my Table of Contents. I also put a title slide before each video clip when I am editing and creating the DVDs. Yup, that's pretty much it. Hopefully I can keep this up so my family can have a home video movie night when my daughter is older!

Get organized with useful tips & ideas 
by visiting here ↓
A Bowl Full of Lemons

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. It would be great to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive actually been searching for ideas on how to organize home videos of my son and this is perfect! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete