Monday, September 2, 2013

Ant Killer (Actually Works)

Many pins on Pinterest have the words "actually works" in their description. After trying countless number of pins with those reassuring words, I have come to find that "actually works" really means "may actually work."

I recently discovered tiny ants marching on my kitchen counter. When life hands me these types of lemons I search on Pinterest for a solution. I found many ant poison recipes that basically had the same ingredients: borax, sugar, and water. So I choose a pin that had those infamous words...and it REALLY DID WORK!


↓ Here's the pin I used from Pinterest
A few things I would like to note:
* I made a smaller batch using 1/3 cup sugar, 1 Tablespoon borax, 1/2 cup warm water
* I would skip the cotton ball on a lid step and just drip a few drops on the counter (where you see ants), none of the ants actually crawled on to the lid, they just drank the drops spilled on the counter.
* There were actually no visible dead ants. I left the poison on the counter and I saw a gathering of ants drinking it so I left it for about 3 hours and when I came back to check on it there were no ants. I'm not sure if they went into hiding and died or got sick and didn't want to go back near the borax solution. Either way I feel it worked because there are no longer ants running around on my counter. 

So...if you find life handing you the "pesky kitchen ants" lemon, go ahead and try this solution!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment